GRI Custom training
This is a custom training built for the Getty GRI and was delivered on the 10th of November 2023. It is a 2 hour workshop with the following aims:
- Brief introduction to overall IIIF capabilities. A general overview of major IIIF functionality, and a wide range of example use cases from institutional uses around the world.
- IIIF Viewers. The general usage of IIIF viewers, such as Mirador 3 and Universal Viewer. Other viewers, perhaps with specialized interfaces, could be added if time allows.
- Finding IIIF Manifests in the RCV and using them in IIIF viewers.
- Cropping Tools. How to extract images from within Getty IIIF manifests, and using them in well-known IIIF cropping tools.
- Comparison Tools. The usage of additional comparison functionality within Mirador, and how researchers and scholars use this IIIF functionality to further their work.
- Time-allowing: The basics of Annotations and Guided Storytelling.